Thursday, February 20, 2014

The New Sexy

How do you define sexy?  I used to think sexy was a good looking man, built well, dressed nicely, and being more attentive to me than to his own reflection in any mirrored surface he came in contact with.  I'm not sure when it happened or even why, but as I've gotten older my idea of what is sexy has changed dramatically.

chores, clogged sink, sink repair


Last night our children, in the course of washing the dinner dishes, threw the leftover broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots down the garbage disposal. Our disposal hasn't been working really well lately and we're putting off replacing it until we remodel that side of the kitchen.  Anyway, the sink became so clogged it shot water a good 6-7 feet across the kitchen.  You can read about the whole entertaining incident on The Redhead Sez Facebook page here.

It came to me this morning as my husband tackled disassembling the pipes under the sink to unclog the drain:  muscles and good lucks are no longer a requirement to being thought of as sexy in my book.  Nope.  Pulling nasty, stinky gunk out of the sink drain so I can have a working kitchen sink is the new sexy.  Cleaning the dishes, vacuuming the floors, helping the kids with their homework, doing laundry, and cooking dinner are the new sexy.

Picking up the kids from school, stopping at the grocery store to pick up some needed food item without complaining, making up the bed, and straightening the sofa cushions are the new sexy.  While that well-built physique is nice to begin with, it doesn't hold a candle to the man with a little more meat-on-his-bones physique with a receding and/or graying hairline that is handling household chores and keeping the kids in order so I can have a few minutes, or even an evening off, to rest.  Yes, now that is the new sexy.

No comments :

Post a Comment